Snowmageddon and Waking Up Before the Sun
|"Snowmageddon" from my window...|
A few things I've learned this week:
- In the Army, it's always your fault. Even if it's not.
- A haircut each week makes the day go much better (and keeps the sergeant happy)
- Not getting a haircut means everyone has an opportunity to "learn" (do push-ups) with you. FYI I was not the one who didn't get a cut, so not my fault (oh wait, bullet point one...).
- Waking up at 4am means bedtime by 8pm.
- Staying up until 11pm to catch the Grammy's was not a smart move.
- I am an MRE (Meals Ready to Eat) hoarder...
- The Army seems to enjoy making you do things, just because
- I can rappel down a 40 foot tower and not die, pee, or poop in my pants
- The commando rope obstacle is the spawn of Satan
- Marching can be fun!
- Left-face means LEFT-face (my other left)
- Having chapped lips in the gas chamber leaves one speechless...
- I am better at using a compass than I thought! (Thanks, orienteering merit badge!)
I am sure that as this week progresses, I will have more opportunities to learn. Overall, this has been an awesome experience so far. I hope that I can keep honing the skills I've been learning so that I can be the best Army Chaplain I can be.
Until next time!
Pro Deo Et Patria!